Monday, December 1

Covering

SMID's Music Monday

Music Monday hosted by Soccer Mom in Denial

**********************

Without a doubt the winner of the generation gap music quiz is my friend Karen, who is probably the single biggest influence on Emma's music vocabulary in the first place, and the fact that she is local and I save the shipping costs to send the winner's chocolate in the second place is nothing but my big bonus.

For reference purposes here, I recap the game and give you the answers. It was fun wasn't it? We should do it again sometime, only with songs that I can recognize...

ONE: Rhianna: Disturbia
No more gas in the rig
Can't even get it started
Nothing heard, nothing said
Can't even speak about it
I'm a light on my head
Don't want to think about it
Feels like I'm going insane


TWO: Coldplay: Yellow
I swam across I jumped across for you
Oh what a thing to do
Cause you were all yellow
I drew a line I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all yellow

THREE: Lazlo Bane: Superman (the theme from Scrubs)
You've got your love online
You think you're doing fine
But you're just plugged into the wall
And that deck of tarot cards
Won't get you very far
There ain't no hand to break your fall


FOUR: Rembrandts: I'll Be There For You (the theme from FRIENDS)
You're still in bed at ten and work began at eight
You've burned your breakfast so far... things are goin' great
Your mother warned you there'd be days like these
Oh but she didn't tell you when the world has brought You down to your knees that...


FIVE: Jeff Buckley: Hallelujah (yes, from Shrek)
Well there was a time when you let me know
What's really going on below
But now you never show that to me do ya
But remember when I moved in you
And the holy dove was moving too
And every breath we drew was Hallelujah


SIX: Enrique Iglesias: Hero
Would you swear, That you'll always be mine?
Or would you lie? Would you run and hide?
Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind?
I don't care... You're here, tonight.


SEVEN: Katy Perry: I Kissed a Girl
No, I don't even know your name
It doesn't matter, You're my experimental game
Just human nature, It's not what, Good girls do
Not how they should behave
My head gets so confused Hard to obey


EIGHT: One Republic: Mercy
Angel of mercy How did you find me?
Where did you read my story? Pulled from the papers
Desperate and hardened
Seeking a momentary fix

NINE: Pink: So What
I guess I just lost my husband
I don't know where he went
So I'm gonna drink my money
I'm not gonna pay his rent (nope)
I've got a brand new attitude,
And I'm gonna wear it tonight
I'm gonna get in trouble
I wanna start a fight



BONUS QUESTION: (MY song)

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you: JAMES TAYLOR!!

Oh, yeah... roll on over.

4 comments:

  1. Sheesh... I KNOW most of those songs! What WAS I thinking?

    Bah... dementia has clearly set in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheesh.... I DON'T know most of those songs! What planet am I on?

    Bah.... insular living has clearly set it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny--I know most of those songs, too, but would have never guessed them--I'm bad with lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say that I KNOW EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE SONGS. Hahaha. I'm feeling really sad that I wasn't around to play your quiz (but look! I'm back now! Wheeeee!) cuz I could really go for some chocolate right now...

    For the record, I've missed you. Like, a lot. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete